Monday, October 8, 2012

Am I the only one?

I have a jacket that I bought about 12 years ago.  It is down-filled and has given me a lot of service.  It has a nice comfy hood and snaps at the wrists, so is very warm and cozy.  In recent years, since it "has seen better days,"  I mainly use it to go outside and work in the winter or to milk the goats.  Two years ago, the zipper broke.  Now, please understand, I sew for other folks all of the time and have replaced zippers in many coats and jackets.  I even posted a very popular tutorial on how to do it HEREYou would think I would have immediately replaced my own zipper, right?  Sigh....  No, I just did it a few weeks ago, after struggling with no zipper in my winter work jacket.  That has got to be the height of laziness.  I wore it for the first time a few days ago, and I have to tell you, zipping up that nice, sturdy, metal zipper made me very happy!  WHY do I do this to myself? 

I thought this would be a good time to mention the tutorial, as winter is fast approaching and some of you Gentle Readers might not know it is on my blog.

Here is my jacket with the new zipper!  Yay!!!




3 comments:

  1. Have you heard of the saying, "The cobbler's children have no shoes."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! No, I never heard that one. Very comforting...

      Delete
  2. I always put off doing things for myself till last or never do them at all. Your not the only one....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...